It has been almost a year since I got a different implementation of my PDP-8/e replica project for my birthday.
Yes, it was a cake, and I have neglected to share it with the world so far. To be fair, there was a time this year where everything was a cake, at least on Twitter, and adding another one would have just been pouring gasoline on the fire.
But here it is, first a side by side comparison of the implementations:
Some detail to admire:
Afterwards I got to see some of the planning that went into it:
I can’t say that the other implementation was as functional as mine, but it was definitely tastier.